Longwall Hydraulics have recently successfully completed a full overhaul and upgrade to a Monorail mounted, Vertical Kamat Shearer water pod, for one of our valued Queensland mining customers.
The original Shearer water pump was designed and manufactured in 2012, and has an output specification of 816 l/min at 80 bar, and is delivered directly to the Longwall Shearer.
As part of the scope of works, the following upgrades and works were completed within the agreed 8 week project lifecycle.
- Full overhaul completed to the Kamat K35075 3G MC series vertical mounted pump
- Full replacement of all field i/o devices and M12 cabling
- Complete audit to electrical enclosure with point to point analysis and audit to AS4871
- Entire unit stripped and all major structures were sand blasted, NDT’d and repainted
- All pipework and filter housings were NDT’d to ensure fit for purpose
- All hosing was replaced to meet MDG41 guidelines. MDG41 audit report successfully completed
- Re-designed and improved suction inlet system with additional suction dampening
- Re-designed and improved Shearer water delivery pipework with a precision inline SAE flow meter
- Full label replacement
- Complete review and update of the design risk assessment
- General arrangement drawings and schematics updated
- Full audit of system to ensure it meets the standards set out in the site-specific compliance documentation
- On power functional acceptance testing on completion of the overhaul with all relevant ITP’s and test documentation completed
A big thank you to the Longwall Hydraulics team involved, as well as all our local vendors, in particular the teams at Dynelec and Pirtek. Another successful project completed on time, on budget to the highest quality standards.